Saturday, December 06, 2008

Random Observations

I am not sure about how I feel about 'bailing out' the automobile industry. If any group deserves to go down in flames, they do. This is most especially true of GM. On the other hand, the collapse of the automobile manufacturing industry impacts such wide swaths of the country and of the economy. What is interesting to note is that the Washington crew was delighted to wine, dine, and pay the bankers, but they bristled at the big three----who represent some of the last vestiges of American industry. People like to say that the nation was build on small businesses whereas it's probably really built on factories. Or it was. It is ironic to note that as factories have collapsed, so has the American economy.

Cal Thomas wrote a column speaking about pessimism in America and how people need to have hope. I guess he missed the crowds on election night who seemed to be delighted and celebrating hope. I guess when your guy loses pessimism sets in. I guess Cal needs to get out more.

OJ Simpson will probably spend a lot of years in jail. I do hope that people are able to get over the sadness of this....

I have a sense that George W. Bush is not going to miss being the President very much. I can't blame him.

1 comment:

lawguy said...

There are a great many people that wont miss President Bush being the President either. Count me among them...