Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Random Musings

Jon Gosselin thinks everyone hates him. I doubt it. People are just tired of him. If he goes away and we never have to hear from him again, that would be fine.

Oh, yes, and Kate. Don’t hate her either. But if she was off the national scene, that would be fine too.

The reality is that I think that most people are very weary of watching their never ending soap opera play out on television night after night.

Speaking of reality television: I do love the show Top Chef. Amazing. The things these people do never fails to amaze me. It’s a reminder that top flight chefs are truly artists in their own right. They are incredibly talented. When you eat the food of a top flight chef, you know it. Slam dunk.

I have lost all interest in Major League Baseball. I don’t even know who is in first place at the moment and I don’t care. Maybe it’s because the Mets are terrible or maybe I’m just tired of watching these overpaid prima donnas play night after night.

I am, however, still gung ho about the NFL season. The Giants played their 3rd string and hot dog vendors through most of the pre-season so it’s impossible to tell what they have going for them. I’m hoping a lot.

I suspect Raiders fans would like Al Davis to join Jon and Kate on a deserted island somewhere.

Is there a health care debate going on or competing commercial commentary. If there is a real debate, I seem to have missed it...

Emma Watson is finding it difficult ‘blending in’ at Brown University. Being a major movie star in what of the hottest series in movie history tends to have that effect. Speaking of this, the final Harry Potter book is brilliant. Brilliant. All the hype it received made it sure to not meet expectations and it surpassed them. I can’t wait for the movies on book 7.

I’m glad the President steered clear of politics in his speech to school children. I hope that the kids do stay in school, work hard, and realize that it’s on them----they are responsible for their own education. It is amazing when parents and students think teachers ‘fail’ them. Teachers don’t fail students; students fail the class. Frankly, most teachers live for students to take an interest in their subjects and do their studies, and learn. In the recent interview of our regional school’s theater directors, the passion of these teachers and their students was very evident and wonderful on so many levels. These teachers touched lives of young people and changed them. That’s something all good teachers strive for.

And lastly, a random comment. The metro Louisville area is a great area for restaurants. It truly is.

No comments: