Thursday, January 11, 2007

10 Things I Know About Downtown New Albany

10. Downtown has some of the most unique eateries in the area. The Main Street Bistro, La Rositas, and Federal Hill are distinctly non-chain places with great personality and great food.

9. Creche scenes, even really nice ones, are apt to be stolen. (Which is awful!)

8. Despite what national politicians say, the economy isn't very good. The poverty level of downtown New Albany is growing exponentially.

7. Drug dealership and prostitution downtown are intolerable.

6. Harvest Homecoming is an awesome event.

7. Destinations Booksellers is a great store that I do not frequent nearly enough. Actually, I need to actually read a lot of the books I've already purchased.

8. Being the pastor of a downtown church gives one the opportunity to spend a lot of time downtown and it's way too cool.

9. A train will cut me off from one side of downtown to another at two most critical times. I'm either in a hurry or have a desperate need to use the restroom.

10. The downtown definitely has character.

1 comment:

lawguy said...

A great top 10 list. And I thought the trains passing through town were only set to block me at my busiest time. I'll remember your post with a smile the next time I'm sitting & waiting...