Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Random Musings

It is absolutely amazing the number of people who have descended on Washington D.C. for the Inauguration. The idea of standing for countless hours, having to stand on line for a limited number of porta-potties, and being with a couple million of my closest friends makes me happy to not be there. I can easily share the excitement of the day at home!

I cannot fathom the amount of security there is in that city this day. I hope and pray that all goes well and everyone is safe.

Spirit Airlines attempted to collect fees from people who missed their connecting flight because the flight they were on ended up landing in the Hudson River. They wanted one guy’s credit card number and he had to inform them that his credit card was still water-soaked and on the plane. Evidently the airline relented when they saw the story on the evening news...

Some major classiness going on. Obama hosted a dinner for McCain and it demonstrated a lot of class for both of them. President Bush has demonstrated great class in the transition as had President-elect Obama. Makes me wonder when we are going to hear, again, from Governor Poor Me about her being excluded from all the events. It is obviously the fault of (insert latest bad people here).

I have really enjoyed watching MSNBC, which, in many ways, has become the Fox News of the left. It will be interesting to see how they report things when Obama does not do things that they approve of. Fox had a tendency to gloss over the failings of George W. Bush; we will see if MSNBC follows the same path or is willing to be highly critical when criticism is called for.

If I am George W. Bush, I am happy to leave and go home to Texas. I cannot imagine why anyone would want this job. I think that it would be good to see Obama’s hair color as it is now; it will change. A lot.

As I am writing this the Obamas and the Bushes are having coffee at the White House. I wonder if the service is so good there that the servers drink the coffee for the people. Frankly, it might be better off. Could you imagine having to use the rest room while on stage? Yikes!

It was reported that the Obamas were going to a Worship Service at St. John’s Episcopal Church near the White House. Attending a special Worship Service at St. John’s is a tradition on this day. The press was reporting that they didn’t know what the Worship Service was about. Duh. I can tell them this. They won’t be releasing balloons with cards on them congratulating the Obamas on their birthdays.
Recently there was major press coverage on the Obama girls going to school on their first day of school. I was appalled.

The children should be left alone. I am not a fan of George W. Bush and have never been one. I was furious, however, how we had to see pictures of Barbara and Jenna at college, or drinking, or whatever. It was totally wrong. They were college kids and should have been left alone. Before them Chelsea Clinton was mocked, literally mocked in a particularly revolting way for how she looked as an awkward adolescent. The mocker, of course, was the expected one presiding over his talk radio show.

Leave the kids alone!

No comments: