Friday, May 22, 2009

Random Musings

Random Musings

It was a very interesting ‘war of speeches’ yesterday between President Obama and former Vice President Cheney. Whatever one’s opinion is on the subject, they both made very coherent arguments for their positions. I don’t know how appropriate or inappropriate it is for a former Vice President to be so ‘in the face’ especially so soon, after leaving office, but Cheney has definitely been a unique type of Vice President from the start. My greatest regret on this is that I wish this debate had taken place before the fact as opposed to after the fact. The debate itself is great, however.

Let’s see. Newt Gingrich had an affair with this second wife while his first wife was battling cancer. He dumped wife number one for wife number two. Then he had another affair (during the Bill Clinton sexual escapades) with wife number three for whom he dumped wife number two. I remember when Gingrich was assailing Clinton on character issues back then and my daughter asked me if Gingrich would succeed. I told her that to assault another person’s character one must actually have character—--an attribute Newt lacked and lacks. I question Nancy Pelosi a great deal, but Newt Gingrich is not a person I’d want speaking for him. His honesty and integrity can be ascertained by interviewing either of his ex-wives.

I never watched the television show ‘24' before this year and I really like it. I can’t imagine why I haven’t seen it before this year.

Michael Vick has been moved to home incarceration. Thus goes my fantasy of Vick hooking up with Burress in the Penal League.

Regretfully, Keith Olbermann is turning into a left winged Rush Limbaugh. His show is becoming increasingly about personal attacks and is increasingly offensive. His new WTF moment as the last segment of the show is, frankly, tasteless. Offensive is offensive, from the left or the right and my TV tuner is not heading to MSNBC at 8pm for a while.

A big headline today was that summer is here and people are being told not to pee in the pool. I

On that note, I have nothing else to add.

No comments: