Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Festivus Airing of Grievances

Festivus Airing of Grievances.

Festivus, December 23rd, is the traditional day of airing grievances. Here are mine:

I object to all the discussion of ‘Obamacare.’ There is no such thing. He never developed a plan and allowed the Congress to do this. Whatever we end up with from all this so-called debate is a plan sewed together by a bunch of special interests. Obama deserves no credit for anything other than signing whatever is passed. Any blame is certainly fine to go his way as he didn’t lead very much on this.

I object to Congress, in general. It doesn’t matter which party is in power; they are all a bunch of grifters looking to see who will buy them off.

I object to Rush Limbaugh being seen as anything other than comic relief and as a parody of himself.

I object to any more coverage of Tiger Woods, Carrie Prejean, and expecially Michael Jackson.

I object to people referring to anyone other than Frank Sinatra as the King of Pop.

I object to Facebook randomly changing on days of the week that end with ‘day.’

I object to Troy Aikman covering NY Giants games as he cannot hide his contempt for the Giants.

I object to Mountain Dew as anything other then proof that horses can have diabetes.

I object to the Vatican moving forward to making Pius XII and John Paul II saints. Pius’ actions during World War II in reference to the Jews is beyond being a monster, and John Paul II’s lack of action on pedofile priests was criminal. I would, however, support making John XXIII and Paul VI, saints.

I object to Sarah Palin for a whole host of reasons.

I object to people who think that Tom Brady is better than Peyton Manning.

I object to the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL, Notre Dame football, Duke basketball, and the Yankees.

I object to Fox News continuing their coverage of a non-existing war on Christmas.

I object to whining. There is way too much whining in this world.

I object to slow drivers who are constantly in my way. (I object to me for whining about this.)

I object to McDonalds for advertising that they serve edible food.

I object to people who order Thanksgiving dinner at drive through windows and people who are doing hostile takeovers of other companies while at the ATM.

I object to clueless people who try and use the self-check outs at the grocery store and do not have a clue as to what they are doing.

I object to TV situation ‘comedies’ that are not funny.

I object to mean people.

I object to intentional ignorance.

I object to people who seek to change science and history to justify their positions.

Lastly, I object to all people, this year, who do not want peace on earth and good will towards all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent list of grievances. I agree with you on most of them. Why do you feel Pope John XXIII and Pope Paul VI should be sainted??

John Manzo said...

John XXIII was a really outstanding person rescuing Jewish people during the Holocaust; he did much of this under the radar and got little credit for it. As Pope, he really connected with people and was, in many ways, the first 'modern' Pope.

Paul VI was quiet and, in my opinion, really effective. He ended up being disliked by people on the left and the right as he guided the RC Church through Vatican II. As one education in RC seminaries during a window of openness and opportunity, I greatly admire and respect him. I think he was greatly underrated as a Pontiff.