Thursday, October 11, 2007

Harvest Homecoming in New Albany

It's Harvest Homecoming weekend in New Albany. What an awesome weekend! The downtown is filled with people. There are crafts to buy, people to see, and tons of food to eat. At St. Marks we are venturing into the food service portion of Harvest Homecoming selling grilled chicken dinners. Actually, as I write this I smell like a piece of grilled chicken. Working and slaving over a hot grill. LOL

We had fun setting up last night and meeting at Roger's "Rich O's" afterwards for pizza and a couple of pitchers of some of Roger's best brews. It has been really fun hanging out with a lot of wonderful church people all pitching in to make this so successful.

I will be heading to Ohio for a couple of days to officiate at the wedding of a young woman who I met when she was in the Kindergarten and I was her pastor. She's all grown up now, a college graduate, and marrying her high school sweet heart. I'm so honored that she wanted me to come there to share this special day with her.

But I will miss seeing everyone beyond tonight at Harvest Homecoming. It is the best weekend of the year in New Albany and always goes by so quickly.

In short, so much junk food, so little time....

1 comment:

Ceece said...

mmmm Well I'll have an extra bowl of Chicken N Dumplings for you!