Thursday, July 19, 2007

Top Chef

One of my favorite shows is "Top Chef." I find this to be an intensely competitive show with very, very fine chefs competing. I liked the young woman they sent home. Her name was Lia and she seemed to be talented and has a sweet disposition. The reality of this show, however, is that it's all about the quality of the food and she ended up at the bottom twice.

There is some good stuff made in restaurant chains. It's not always original and not always very exciting, but I do like some of them. My two daughters are employed by chains and they have been treated well and I have enjoyed meals at both their establishments.

That having been said, I think it's awesome when independent restaurants (and chefs) open their own places with their own novel cuisine. It makes for exciting possibilities. I am excited that we are beginning to see places such as these open in downtown New Albany. It would be wonderful to see downtown revitalized because restaurants have becoming a drawing card to the downtown.

1 comment:

Christopher D said...

John,
I could not agree with you more. It is so nice to be able to have to choose between multiple choices of what restaurant to visit with out leaving N.A.!